Garlic Scape Pesto
- Food Processor
- 1 bunch Garlic scapes 12-15 scapes
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive oil Extra virgin
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Freshly grated
- 3/4 cup Basil leaves Whole
- Juice of one lemon
- Put garlic scapes in your food processor and pulse for 30-45 seconds.
- Add in the pine nuts and pulse again for 30-45 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add the olive oil, parmesean cheese, and lemon juice. Pulse until ingredients are combined.
- Add basil and process until you've reached your desired consistency. Add salt to taste and serve immediately.
If pesto is too thick, add warm water, 1 tsp. at a time and mix. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months if desired. In a small container, add pesto and pour olive oil over it; enough to cover it.
Hoener farms designs and builds heirloom furniture & furnishings - we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build all on our farm in the Hudson Valley.