Summertime Peach Crisp
- Cast iron skillet
- Cookie sheet
- Pastry cutter
- 6 Peaches Washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar Packed
- 1/4 tsp Salt Kosher
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick, cold
- 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- In a large castiron skillet- toss peaches with 2 tbsp or sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Please your skillet on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl- whisk together flour, brown sugar, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter (or two butter knives), mix together butter and flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add oats, stir to combine.
- Spread oat/flour mixture over peaches and bake until peaches are bubbling and topping is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with homemade vanilla ice cream.
Award winning heirloom furniture - from locally saved trees; we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build in the Hudson Valley.