Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 8 oz Dates Chopped
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter Room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar Packed
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Self-rising flour Sifted
- 2 tbsp Instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream or Ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- In a small bowl, add your chopped dates and boiling water. Stir and let cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter a 9 inch spring pan and line the bottom with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- Using your mixer, beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of the flour and mix. Add 2 eggs, one at a time. Add remaining flour and mix until blended.
- Combine instant coffee and baking soda in a small bowl. Pour into cooled date mixture. Still until dissolved. Add the date mixture to your batter and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared spring pan. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool until just warm. Unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve alongside homemade whipped cream or ice cream with caramel sauce.
Award winning heirloom furniture - from locally saved trees; we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build in the Hudson Valley.