Sticky Toffee Pudding
Prep Time 1 hour hr 15 minutes mins
Cook Time 1 hour hr
Servings 12 servings
- 8 oz Dates Chopped
- 1 cup Boiling water
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter Room temperature
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar Packed
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Self-rising flour Sifted
- 2 tbsp Instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped cream or Ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- In a small bowl, add your chopped dates and boiling water. Stir and let cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Butter a 9 inch spring pan and line the bottom with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- Using your mixer, beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add half of the flour and mix. Add 2 eggs, one at a time. Add remaining flour and mix until blended.
- Combine instant coffee and baking soda in a small bowl. Pour into cooled date mixture. Still until dissolved. Add the date mixture to your batter and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared spring pan. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool until just warm. Unmold and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges and serve alongside homemade whipped cream or ice cream with caramel sauce.
Keyword Cake, Dessert, Sticky Toffee Pudding
Award winning furniture - design and fabrication. With a focus on traditional craftsmanship - Hudson Valley. For commissions or to order please email😎