Easy bread and butter pickles!
- 1 Sauce pan
- Canning or pickle jars
- 2 cups Distilled white vinegar for cooking
- 2 cups Cold water
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 Pickling cucumbers Sliced. You can use more or less depending on what you have available and adjust recipe as needed.
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds optional
- 6 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds optional
- 1 Jalapeno or other hot pepper diced with seeds
- 1 Red or white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Black or white peppercorns
- In a saucepan (non-reactive), add vinegar, salt and sugar. Turn on to high heat and whisk until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Pour mixture into a bowl and whisk in the cold water. Put brine in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Put the sliced cucumbers in your jars. Add in your peppers, onion, garlic, peppercorns, etc. Then add the bring and fill to the top. Make sure that the brine covers the cucumbers completely.
- Cover with lids and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
This recipe is gluten free.
Award winning furniture - design and fabrication. With a focus on traditional craftsmanship - Hudson Valley. [email protected]