Quick and easy Onion Rings
- Deep fryer If you have one, use the basket
- 3 Mixing bowls small-medium sized
- 1 Gallon Vegetable oil
- 2-3 Yellow onions Sliced
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- Dash Cayenne pepper
- In one of your mixing bowls, add milk and egg. Whisk to combine. In the other two, use one for flour and cayenne and the other for bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil to 375F.
- Slice onions 1/4 inch think and take apart.
- Toss each piece first in the flour, then milk/egg, then bread crumbs. Make sure to fully coat each piece during each step. Set aside on a cutting board until oil is ready.
- Put onion rings in your basket and put in the hot oil; bobbing the basket up and down a few times to avoid the oil bubbling too high. Cover with lid (if applicable) and fry for 3-4 mins. until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain in basket. Transfer cooked onion rings to a strainer lined with paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Don’t throw away your oil after you are done! Let oil cool completely, strain and store in a container in the fridge. Oil can be reused 3-4 times.
Award winning heirloom furniture - from locally saved trees; we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build in the Hudson Valley.