- Stand-up mixer
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast Fleischmann's
- 1 tsp Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Warm water
- 2 1/2 cup All purpose flour Bob's Red Mill
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- In the bowl of your stand-up mixer- combine yeast, sugar, and warm water. Stir with a wire whisk and let stand for 5 minutes (or until yeast is foamy).
- Add two cups of flour, olive oil, and salt. With the dough hook, turn mixer on low and combined. Turn up to medium-low speed until a soft ball forms.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl and turn over to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size (about 45 minutes).
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface, make a ball. On a cookie sheet, put a piece of parchment paper down and place the dough on it. Carefully shape dough into a jelly-roll shape. Cover with a tea towel and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using a sharp knife, make 3-4 deep slits in the dough. Add sesame seeds if desired. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on cooling rack before serving.
Award winning furniture - design and fabrication. With a focus on traditional craftsmanship - Hudson Valley. [email protected]