Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 1 can Diced tomatoes You can also use 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- Tortilla chips or strips
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 boxes Chicken broth
- 1 tbsp New Mexico Red Chile Powder You can also use cayenne
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Lime Sliced
- In a stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add in onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Saute until fragrant (about 5 minutes), stirring to avoid burning.
- Add chicken broth to the pot (2-3 boxes depending on how much you want) and red chile powder.
- Drain corn, beans, and tomatoes and add to the pot.
- Shred your rotisserie chicken (or boiled chicken) and add to your pot keeping the heat at medium.
- Let cook for 25-30 minutes or until done. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot topped with tortilla strips, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, and juice from a lime slice.
Award winning heirloom furniture - from locally saved trees; we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build in the Hudson Valley.