- 4 pieces Bacon chopped
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- 1/2 pkg Spaghetti noodles
- Fill a pot with water and turn on high to boil. Add a dash of salt and some olive oil.
- Put your chopped bacon into a large pan or dutch oven. Let it cook in its own grease until crispy.
- Grate 1 cup parmesan and set aside. Beat 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk in a separate bowl; set aside.
- When the bacon is done, spoon it out of the pan and set aside on paper towels. Leave bacon grease in the pan to use later.
- Once your water is boiling, add spaghetti noodles and cook according to the box for al dente (around 10 minutes).
- Add parmesan to egg and mix.
- When the pasta has about 2 minutes left, heat up the bacon grease on low.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the pan with bacon grease using a spaghetti spoon.
- Mix/toss noodles in the grease to coat so that the noodles are oiled; this will keep the noodles from sticking together.
- Add cooked bacon to the egg/parmesan mixture and then add to the noodles. Mix well.
- Plate and grate parmesan over the top of your pasta. Serve warm.
Award winning heirloom furniture - from locally saved trees; we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build in the Hudson Valley.