Baja Fish Tacos
- Small head of red cabbage Shredded
- 1/2 Red onion Diced
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Start with 1 tsp. and work your way up depending on how much heat you want
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 cup Beer Corona or Coors Light works great
- 2 cups Maseca
- 1-1 1/2 cup Water
- 1-1 1/2 lb Cod
- Lime wedges
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Shred cabbage. In a medium bowl, mix together cabbage, red onion, oil, salt and vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Mix together Maseca and water until a dough starts to form. You don't want it to be too wet. Keep covered with a towel. Make a ball, the size of a golf ball. Put inside of your tortilla press (lined with plastic wrap). Press each tortilla, cooking after they are pressed. Cook on the gridle for 3-4 minutes, flipping once. Keep wraped in a towel to stay warm.
- In a medium bowl- mix together flour, salt and pepper. Make a well in the flour mixture and slowly add the beer, stirring while pouring. Mix until smooth and all of the lumps are gone. Set aside.
- In a skillet, over medium-low heat, add 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Heat the oil to 350F.
- Dip each piece of fish into the beer batter to coat both sides. Allow excess batter to drip off. Fry the fish in the hot oil until golden brown, 2-3 minutes/side. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Hoener farms designs and builds heirloom furniture & furnishings - we sawmill, dry in solar kilns and hand build all on our farm in the Hudson Valley.